Sunday, April 22, 2007

Busy Day

Finally it's weekend again, although i had to work on a saturday, i went quite a few places today, meaning i paid quite a lot for parking today..anyway, as i was walking around chinatown, i saw this long queue of about 20 or more people, all waiting to get their yong tau hu. has anyone tried this? really so nice?Please let me know if this stall is really worth queueing for. cos it seems like a long wait.
Caught the show 200 pound beauty in the evening and i found the show better than i have expected, there's a very touching part in the show, you gotta watch it. i recommend this show.

After the show, went shopping, and had a bad encounter with a salesgirl when borong was buying a cap to hide his botak head from ns.

me: do you have a new cap for this design?...
sales: (rushed off to find, before i can continue)
me: cos this one on display seemed to be lop sided
borong: (laughed) she never hear you
sales: (scanned the new cap) is there anything else?
me: no, we just wanted to see the new cap cos the one on display is lopsided, is the new cap the same?
sales: (give black ah lian face) where? the cap is fine.
... cut the story short, anyway both caps are deformed...
me: see, there's a bluge on the cap (pointing at the cap on br's head)
sales: let me see... oh it's because your friend has no hair.
me: (take cap off br's head) look the bulge is still there.
sales: trust me, the cap is fine, it's his head, his hair will grow out one mah, after that you won't have this problem.
borong: (wanted to stop this arguement) ok, i'll take this one ...
me: (walk away)

I dun think i will buy with this kind of attitude from the sales person man. ok, after shopping was mahjong at yy's place.. cos her place had the automatic mahjong table!! woo hoo... the sad news, it broke down after the first shuffle!!!, so we played manual mahjong on an automatic table!
All the best to yy for her internship in beijing, i believe there'll still be chances to post more of her photos before she leaves. btw, this was the cap i was argueing about!! oh and if you realised, br slimmed down and got a nice tan!! ns not bad right, br?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a famous stall in chinatown, it's been there since my 70s ba. My mom loves the Yong Tau Foo from this stall. You should try it out.

~AhMeng~

Anonymous said...

wah....

think that sales person nids a crash course from me... anyway if i were her boss.. she will eat my fried cuttlefish!!!

jx said...

thanks ahmeng... in that case i gotta find a nice day and someone nice to accompany me to queue for the yong tau hu..

Anonymous said...

i am nice~

jx said...

oh yeh!! ...

Anonymous said...

I just realised that 200 pound beauty can be downloaded from veoh.com complete with subtitles!

jx said...

lilsnooze should see this ... iwas telling her that it's a nice show, and she was trying hard to recall the last time she went to watch a movie in the cinema .. haha .. her movies are always watched in yveon's loft!

Anonymous said...

The loft is nice! :)